Tuesday, August 28, 2018

San Japan 2018

I am utterly distracted. I forgot that I needed to do some work for the San Japan demo at the end of this week. I pulled my usual demo dress out and it has rust stains all over the white satin skirt. ARGH!!!
So, different dress, move on. Other dress will need a ruff made and I need to repair my horribly abused hoop skirt. If I CAN make a new one before the weekend, great. The odds aren't good though. I'll also need a mask for Friday night's masked ball.
The mask I made is a quicky version of Belphoeb's vizard. Instead of a backram base I just hot glued cotton velveteen to a plastic commercially available craft mask. I don't have the drying time right now to do it the way she did, but I'll give it a try later when I'm not on a time crunch.
I'm using Noel Gieleghem's document on how to produce a 1570's stand alone ruff for my directions on How-To. As I have already failed everyone by using the cotton muslin I have in my stash to make the thing, I doubt I'll show him any pictures. My supply of cotton lace has vanished on me and I'm just tossing bobbins and thread around like crazy.
Pictures will occur later if there's anything worth looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment